355 miles today. It may not seem like much if you are in a car but on a bike 355 miles equals about 8 hours of riding–8 hours of amazing riding! There is just something about riding a motorcycle. The differences in temperatures, the smells, the requirement of being there in the moment and paying attention to everything. It is an amazing brainwash. I am reminded of how small I really am in this big world. How small the frustrations at work are, or how miniscule a differing opinion with another is, or how small negative self talk is! I L-O-V-E riding!
So, some random thoughts from today…
- At one point I looked up and there was a hawk flying maybe 20 feet above me. I knew he was thinking about shitting on me, but all I could think of is how much I wanted to rub his belly, I mean I could see his cute little armpits and everything! I imagined they would be so silky like my fat dogs pits.
- There was a donkey in a field with his head wedged between barbwire fencing in order to taste the grass on the other side of the fence. The other donkeys were like, “dude, you have the same grass, if not better, on this side without all the trouble….”
- Asphalt cares not who you are or what you do for a living or how much money you make, it only cares that you are!!!
- Trees are spectacular in every way imaginable.
- Sometimes what’s necessary is full throttle ahead! So when it’s time, twist that wrist and go!!